UMOS Latina Resource Center Metro Milwaukee Rescue & Restore Trafficking Initiative (MMRRI)
What is Human Trafficking?
- The Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA) defines "severe" forms of trafficking in persons" as:
- Sex trafficking-- a commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such an act has not attained 18 years of age; or
- Labor trafficking--the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery.
|Sex Trafficking Indicators||Labor Trafficking Indicators|
UMOS Can Help
Targeted counties include: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, Kenosha, and Ozaukee.
Victims are Entitled to Protection & Assistance in the U.S. regardless of their Immigration Status
The UMOS Latina Resource Center Crisis Line-Available 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week (414) 389-6510, or the National Human Trafficking Resource Center 1-888-373-7888.
Training & Technical Assistance: UMOS' technical assistance and training efforts ensure that critical information around human trafficking is delivered to those responsive to victims and to those who can assist in identification and referral.
The Metro Milwaukee Rescue & Restore Project provides the following services: training, consultation and technical assistance. If you are interested in training and/or technical assistance please contact: Eileen Alvarado, UMOS Human Trafficking Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com or Mariana Rodriguez, UMOS Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coalition Building: The UMOS Metro Milwaukee Rescue & Restore Coalition was designed to create a linguistically/culturally-specific coordinated response that will initiate community dialogue around human trafficking among foreign-nationals population s and acknowledge the problem of human trafficking in metropolitan Milwaukee. To join the coalition please contact Mariana Rodriguez 414-389-6508.
- Identification & Referral of Foreign Victims
- Training & Technical Assistance
- Public Awareness
- Coalition Building
National Trafficking Resource Center http://traffickingresourcecenter.org/
U.S. Department of Labor-Wage and Hour Division