SAFETY. WELLNESS. EMPOWERMENT. — UMOS LATINA RESOURCE CENTER
The UMOS Latina Resource Center provides comprehensive culturally and linguistically appropriate advocacy services to adults, youth, and children impacted by domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and human trafficking. The Center is the only center in Wisconsin that provides domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking supportive services under one roof. Our goal is to increase the safety of individuals, enhance their emotional wellness and provide resources that empower individuals to live a violence-free life.
The Latina Resource Center through the Metro Milwaukee Rescue & Restore Human Trafficking program trained 742 first responders to identify potential victims and reached 1,123 individuals through outreach activities.
There were 577 victims of sexual assault and domestic violence that were provided immediate crisis intervention services, safety planning and emotional support.
The 258 children, youth and adults impacted by sexual assault were also provided criminal justice advocacy, personal advocacy and emotional support.
The following programs and services were provided by the UMOS Latina Resource Center Staff:
- Bilingual Domestic Violence Advocacy
- Bilingual Sexual Assault Advocacy
- Living in Peace Transitional Housing Program
- 24-hour Spanish speaking crisis line
- Adult Survivor Support Groups
- Survivors Cultural Arts Groups
- Bilingual Counseling Services
- VAWA Immigration Legal Services
- Victim Outreach & Identification
- Training & Technical Assistance
- Public Awareness
- Coalition Building
- Mi Arcoiris – Children Who Witness Domestic Violence Program
- Safe Dates Dating Violence Prevention Program
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program
- Adult & Children Together-Parenting Program (ACT)
- Celebrating Families