UMOS Latina Resource Center24/7 Bilingual Crisis Hotline: (414) 389-6510
Domestic violence, abuse, and/or sexual assault touches almost all of us, directly or indirectly. Not a day goes by that we don't read, hear or see a report on the news about a domestic abuse situation. Cultural elements can play a significant role in both positive and negative ways. With this in mind, UMOS established the Latina Resource Center to address cultural and linguistic challenges faced by victims.
The UMOS Latina Resource Center embraces all cultures, recognizing that victims, regardless of gender, age, culture, language, ethnicity, and race, deserve to live lives free from abuse and violence.
This unique cultural focus makes the Latina Resource Center the only center of its kind in Wisconsin. The Latina Resource Centers bilingual, compassionate staff members are able to provide crisis and/or ongoing safety and support services to women, men, teens, and children affected by a domestic violence situation or human trafficking situation.
The UMOS Latina Resource Center (LRC) provides comprehensive, culturally, and linguistically appropriate advocacy and victim services to adults, youth, and children impacted by domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and human trafficking. The LRC touches the lives of 2,000 adults, youth and children on an annual basis, through specific intervention and prevention programs, outreach efforts, and community presentations.
Latina Resource Center Programs and Services
- Bilingual Domestic Violence Advocacy
- Bilingual Sexual Assault Advocacy
- Immigrant and Refugee Domestic Violence Program
- Immigration Legal Services
- Metro Milwaukee Rescue & Restore Human Trafficking Initiative
- Living in Peace Transitional Housing Program
- Mi Arco Iris Children Who Witness Domestic Violence Services
- Safe Dates Teen Dating Violence and Sexual Violence Prevention Program
- Making Proud Choices Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program
- ACT/Parents Raising Safe Kids Program
- Adult Sexual Assault Survivors Support Groups
- Domestic Violence Survivors Support Groups
- 24-hour Spanish-Speaking Crisis Line
- Wisconsin Office of Crime Victim Services STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant
- Office of Justice Department Victims of Crime Act
- Office of Justice Department Sexual Assault Services Victims Grant
- United Way-Milwaukee Healthy Girls Initiative
- U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women Transitional Housing Grant
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Administration For Children and Families
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Helen Bader Foundation
- U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women Grants to Enhance Culturally Specific Services for Victims of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence and Stalking Program