Latina Resource Center24/7 Bilingual Crisis Hotline: (414) 389-6510
Domestic violence, abuse, and/or sexual assault touches almost all of us, directly or indirectly. Not a day goes by that we don't read, hear or see a report on the news about a domestic abuse situation. Cultural elements can play a significant role in both positive and negative ways. With this in mind, UMOS established the Latina Resource Center to address cultural and linguistic challenges faced by victims.
The UMOS Latina Resource Center embraces all cultures, recognizing that victims, regardless of gender, age, culture, language, ethnicity, and race, deserve to live lives free from abuse and violence.
This unique cultural focus makes the Latina Resource Center the only center of its kind in Wisconsin. The Latina Resource Center’s bilingual, compassionate staff members are able to provide crisis and/or ongoing safety and support services to women, men, teens, and children affected by a domestic violence situation or human trafficking situation.
The UMOS Latina Resource Center touched the lives of 2,290 adults, youth, and children through culturally and linguistically specific intervention and prevention programs, outreach efforts, and community presentations.
The UMOS Latina Resource Center provided the following advocacy and comprehensive victim services to adults, youth, and children who were impacted by domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and/or human trafficking.
- Bilingual Crisis Intervention
- Bilingual Domestic Violence Advocacy
- Bilingual Sexual Assault Advocacy
- Living in Peace Transitional Housing Program
- Mi Arco Iris Children – services for children who witness domestic violence
- Hand-in Hand Children's Sexual Assault Groups Partnership with Pathfinders
- Adult Sexual Assault Survivors Support Groups
- Domestic Violence Survivors Support Groups
- VAWA Immigration Legal Services
- Metro Milwaukee Rescue & Restore human trafficking initiative
The UMOS Latina Resource Center also provided the following culturally and linguistically specific prevention services: Expect Respect Teen Dating Violence, Sexual Assault Prevention Program, and Healthy Marriage Initiative.